PAV Excellence in Service Awards Competition
PAV Excellence Award Nominations
The Parking Association of the Virginias is pleased to announce its Excellence in Service Awards Competition. The purpose of the awards is to recognize outstanding parking-related achievements for all front-line employees and supervisors. The Virginias have several outstanding parking organizations and it is time to show our appreciation to all of the hard-working men and women that make these organizations shine.
Any employee who works for a parking organization in the Virginias, who is a front-line employee or supervisor, who has consistently demonstrated superior customer service skills, professionalism, and leadership qualities, is eligible for this awards competition. Employees can work as cashiers, valet, maintenance, front desk, drivers, enforcement, custodial or other parking service position that interacts with the public on a daily basis.
Award Nominations for Parking Program or Project
Tell the awards committee the reasons for your nomination. Include the following information to describe your program or project:
- Improvement of a current service or operation
- How it met a new service demand
- Improved customer service relations with the organization’s user groups
- Process improvement or project that innovatively solved a parking conflict or met need
- Any other parking program or project that has benefited the community
- How the program or project was implemented
- How the program or project was received by the public
- Provide photos in an electronic JPEG format, letters of support or customer feedback, promotional materials, or any other communications showing impact on community. Additional submittal material may be attached to the wards form.
Submittals and Judging Deadline: September 15, 2018
All entries should be submitted with the nomination form and returned to Dawn Marti at email@example.com to be considered eligible for the awards program. The nominations will be reviewed and judged by another parking regional association to ensure fairness and impartiality. Contact Dawn Marti for an application.
Scholarship Program Guidelines
The Parking Association of the Virginias has a continuing interest in supporting education and the educational opportunities of its members, their employees and dependents. Accordingly, PAV has established a scholarship program to achieve the following goals:
- Assist students with a demonstrated financial need to defray their college expenses.
- Recognize academically talented students and assist them in attending the institution of their choice.
- Provide financial aid to support the association’s commitment to advance educational opportunities.
Depending on the number of applicants and the association’s available funds, up to $1,000 per year will be granted under this program. Applicants may apply in multiple years although preference will be given to those who have not won previously.
Those residents of Virginia and West Virginia eligible to apply are or will be graduates of a public or private secondary school who are:
- A son, daughter or spouse of a full-time employee of the parking related division/subdivision of a firm, institution, municipality or other political subdivision which is a current and previous year member of the association. The parent or spouse must have been employed for three (3) years as of January 1st of the year the applicant is applying for the scholarship.
- A full-time or part-time employee of a firm which is a current and previous year member of the association. The employee must have been employed for at least one (1) year as of January 1st of the year he or she is applying for the scholarship.
- A currently enrolled or have letter of acceptance as an undergraduate college student.
- Applications are available by emailing Dawn Marti at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking here (word doc)
- Applications and all related materials must be received between January 1 and June 15 for a fall award.
- Applicants may be required to appear before the Scholarship Committee for personal interview.
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Motivation to Study
- Communication Skills
- Intent to complete program of study
Applicants will be reviewed by academic professionals independent of the PAV Scholarship Committee.
The successful applicant(s) will be notified by mail in the fall. A check will be written from PAV directly to the academic institution per the applicant(s) instruction.